Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer Reflection Part 3

July was much more relaxed. While practices continued the only camp was an all day camp at church the older 4 participated in. They learned a lot about the rosary and it was a chance for them to get to see some of their friends again.

 But of course it was HOT. A couple of times we were concerned our air conditioner has going to go out all together. Thankfully we were just able to get away with a quick service call. We'll cross our fingers again for next year.

Corbin's inhibitor is holding steady right now, so that's kind of frustrating, but there's really nothing I can do just keep waiting for now.

July marked the end of my first college class in 13 years! Yes you heard right I took Nutrition this summer. After much praying and talking things over I've decided to pursue a career change. I'm taking my prerequisites to apply to nursing school.

Looking Forward

This older kids went back to school this week. I am so happy for them. It seemed the closer the first day got the more fighting I heard. They are all happy with their teachers (so am I!) and right now they are excited to start the school year.

The start of school also means the start of soccer season. Once again we are super busy with Jody coaching tennis, two swimming and this year we have three playing soccer. Our calendar scares me sometimes, but thankfully we have lots of people who have offered to help chauffeur kids around.

My classes started again last week. I am feeling a bit of a panic trying to get the kids ready for school, keep the house in some sort of order and keep up with my homework. I'm confident that once I get a routine it will be much better. Oh and did I mention I've taken up running?

I ran my first 5k it was ok. I'm still not really excited about running but I am really looking forward to trying to improve my time. I've also been enjoying the time on my own, it's kind of nice to have 30-45 minutes of quiet. Sometimes Clare goes with me so it's also really nice to get some special time with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment